Creamy Sweet Potato Soup
This creamy sweet potato soup is creamy, velvety and delicious - perfect for the cooler days ahead. It makes a nourishing meal or side dish. It’s a great candidate for meal prep and makes tasty leftovers to take to work the next day.
Makes: 2 servings
Time: 45 minutes
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk
- ¼ cup diced yellow onion
- ¼ cup of cashews, soaked and drained
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tsp of sea salt, to taste
- A drizzle of coconut milk
- Fresh parsley
- Toasted pumpkin seeds
- Warm oil in a large saucepan at medium-low heat. Add garlic and onions and cook for a few minutes, until fragrant. Add the sweet potatoes, milk, vegetable broth, cinnamon, black pepper, salt, and stir until well combined.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and bring ingredients to a boil. Lower the heat to medium and simmer for 30 minutes, until the sweet potato is cooked through. Add the cashews and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Blend sweet potato mixture in the pot using an immersion blender until soup is smooth and creamy. Alternatively, blend in a high-speed blender.
- Transfer back to the saucepan and adjust seasoning, if needed. Serve.
Sapana Chandra is the proud voice behind Real + Vibrant, a growing healthy lifestyle business. She is a holistic health coach, cookbook author, and certified plant-based cook. Sapana aims to change her audience's attitude towards food with her selection of simple, healthy, mostly plant-based, home-cooked recipes.